The Marlborough Rotary Club along with the Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce will hold their fall Community Recycling Day event on September 30, 10am-2pm at the Navin Rink Parking Lot, 451 Bolton Street. It is only $40 per car/truck load and one and all from anywhere in New England are encouraged to clean out their attics, basements, and businesses and get rid of their junk. Main Street Bank is offering free document shredding from 9am-1pm onsite as well!
Since the fall of 2011, the Marlborough Rotary Club created a one-day project for folks to recycle all their unwanted computers, electronics, appliances, and more. The event is open to ALL communities and is focused on recycling household items rather than adding these items in the landfills. Many things that have been sitting around in your attic, basement, or garage could be recycled at this Community Recycling Day event for just $40 per car or truck load. Items include:
• Electronics of all types – computers, CPUs, games, accessories, cell phones, VCRs laptops, cameras,
cables, wires, keyboards, mice
• All electrical equipment – small appliances, motors, shop equipment, heaters, fans, extension cords,
• Vehicle batteries, cars, boats, RV’s etc.
• Large appliances – washers, dryers, microwaves, AC units, freezers, refrigerators without Freon
• Yard and lawn equipment – mowers and snow blowers (no fluids), chain saws, weed whackers, power
• Televisions – $40 any size
• Computer Monitors – $25 each
• Audio speakers – $20 per pair
• Child car seats – $20 each with fabric removed
• Household vacuums $20 each
• Treadmills $25 each
• Appliance with Freon -- large $25, small $15
• Lithium-Ion Batteries (i.e., power tools) $5.00
• Lead acid batteries (i.e., yard equipment, cars, boats, RVs $10 each
• Small batteries (i.e., AA, AAA, C, D) $5/quart
Unfortunately, arrangements with the recycling company do not allow the collection of wood, plastic, tires, mattresses, textiles, hoses, glass, pool liners or large children’s plastic toys.
“We have been so excited about this event!” remarked Community Recycle Day event Chairperson Elaine McDonald who started the event in 2011. “With our partners, the Marlborough Regional Chamber of Commerce, we will be joining us again in this project to help our neighbors clean out their unwanted items while cleaning up the environment.”
“The environmental impact keeps growing year after year. We have recycled over 100,000 pounds – or more than 50 tons! That’s huge!” McDonald concluded.
It is open to ALL communities in MA, CT, NH, RI, ME, & VT! Please call Elaine directly at (978) 875-0097 or email email@example.com
with any questions that you might have about the event. For more information, visit www.marlboroughrotary.org